The Psychiatry Residency Program Coordinator reports to the Psychiatry Residency Program Director in collaboration with the UnityPoint Broadlawns Psychiatry Education Foundation administration. The Coordinator provides support and services to this Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) credentialed residency program, residents and director while maintaining efficient utilization of resources, processes, and technology. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure program consistently meets all ACGME accreditation requirements. Ensure program meets standards for graduate board certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- Coordinate the resident recruitment process including screening, scheduling and interviewing applicants using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS); analyzing interview summary responses; verifying references and comparing applicants on a consistent set of qualifications, and submitting National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) rank order lists in a timely manner.
- Manages the scheduling of interviews through schedule coordination, arranging travel, lodging and meals.
- Provide leadership to the Psychiatry Residency on-boarding process including but not limited to ensuring the completion of license and certification verification; providing and obtaining signed contracts; maintaining completed files on each resident.
- Maintains involvement in the planning for and thereafter implements continuing medical education activities including the visiting lectureship series, educational conferences and related programs.
Generally Days, Monday-Friday
Bachelor’s Degree in business, education or related field. Two years office management experience. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate verbally and in writing. Experience with ACGME web ADS, MedHub Resident Management System, ERSA, NRMP, and EPSI. Proficient in Microsoft office programs. Accessibility to provide on-call support. Be able to attend evening and weekend meetings and events.
Broadlawns Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
August 7, 2020