Reports to the Behavioral Health Administrator, the Manager is responsible for personnel supervision of staff and program delivery outcomes of community based services, inpatient social work and utilization management. The Manager provides direct supervision to inpatient social work and utilization management staff.
1. Ensure BMC community-based program’s reports and records are currently maintained and in compliance with regulations and meets payer requirements.
2. Direct and supervise the assigned staff and program components either directly or indirectly.
3. Responsible for Medicaid and Polk County audits.
4. Keep apprised of IHH, SCL, & PATH client concerns, data and the type of whole health resources needed.
5. Assist with the active coordination between behavioral and physical health providers to help improve care for program clients.
6. Oversee billing of all community-based services to appropriate payer.
7. Develop and monitor department budget and tracks expenses and income.
8. Complete schedules and/or track staff orientation, performance evaluations, competencies and trainings.
9. Complete program Performance Improvement activities and Joint Commission standards activities.
10. Track quality and productivity of staff work, and provides additional training, resources and/or support for maintenance and/or improvement as needed.
11. Promote BMC’s community-based services to the community via meetings and presentations.
12. Ensure program activities provided are quality and results driven. Medicaid and Polk County outcomes are tracked. Corrective action put in place when appropriate.
13. Establish, review and/or revise program policies and procedures on a consistent basis.
14. Provide crisis support to staff as needed.
Behavioral Health Services
1. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Social Work from an accredited educational program.
2. Two years behavioral health supervisory experience
3. Five years experience working in behavioral health services.
4. Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills
6. Detail oriented
March 31, 2020