Under the supervision of the Plant Operations Manager and the general supervision of the Director of Plant Operations, Utility Workers are responsible various duties in and around the hospital site in order to maintain a safe and efficient hospital environment. The person will also be required to operate tools, vehicles and equipment for jobs including: snow removal, maintenance, hospital labor and providing assistance to other workers as required.
Generally Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm
1. Ability to read and understand basic blueprints.
2. Ability to consistently meet departmental work schedule as designated.
3. Ability to communicate in a pleasant, positive and effective manner with staff, customers, visitors and all levels of Hospital management.
4. Emergency Management Response Team member.
5. High School Diploma or GED.
6. Is able to physically complete all of the tasks assigned to the position on a regular basis, including but not limited to excessive lifting, working in extreme cold or extreme hot weather, and being able to complete outside winter work, including snow shoveling.
Broadlawns Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer