Under the general supervision of the Clinics Administrator, Clinic Manager, and the clinic providers the RN Oncology Coordinator is responsible for the identification and removal of barriers to timely and appropriate cancer treatment. They guide the patient through the cancer care continuum from diagnosis through survivorship to promote adherence to treatment plans. Guides patients through the complexities of the health care system. Acts as an advocate for the patient and their support system. Acts as a resource and support for clinical team.
Coordinator is skilled in oncology, problem solving techniques and team development. Key responsibilities include direct patient care, overseeing staff development and education and quality improvement initiatives, participating, and conducting regular staff meetings for the purpose of education, information sharing, and problem-solving activities.
Generally Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
1. Registered Nurse with valid license in State of Iowa required
2. 5 years of relevant nursing experience
3. 2 years of relevant oncology work experience required
4. Obtain and maintain Oncology Nursing Society on-line course completion for chemotherapy/immunotherapy provider card within 1 year of hire
5. Obtain and maintain Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) thru ONCC within 2 years of hire
6. Excellent Communication Skills
7. Demonstrates leadership skills.
8. Valid BLS Certificate
Broadlawns Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
August 12, 2022