The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Consultant will report to the Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (CDEIO) & Vice President of Human Resources. The position will work collaboratively with team members, leaders, and the community to lead various comprehensive projects and initiatives that implement and advance DEI within and outside Broadlawns Medical Center.
1. Researches, develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies to foster Broadlawns’ diversity goals.
2. Works collaboratively across the organization to listen, educate, engage, and create momentum on DEI strategy and objectives.
3. Provides guidance to Broadlawns’ Inclusion Council to ensure alignment with organizational DEI initiatives and strategy.
4. Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
5. Supports the design, facilitation, and rollout of DEI educational initiatives and developmental learning programs.
6. Develops creative DEI programs for employees.
7. Consults with Talent Acquisition Manager for development of recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse backgrounds.
8. Partner with the HR team to build and implement initiatives that promote a culture of respect and belonging, and bring an increased focus to developing, engaging, and retaining diverse talent.
9. Build and expand on relationships with diversity focused entities and platforms with the intent to increase diverse applicants and to build relationships for opportunities to implement diversity focused pipelines for future applicants.
10. Develops strategies to enhance relationships with educational institutions, professional associations, and community affiliations.
11. Partners with the Marketing department and others to ensure DEI topics are included in appropriate internal and external communications.
12. Tracks the progress of DEI strategies against key metrics to drive DEI work based on results.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Generally Monday-Friday, Days
1. Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development or related field, or equivalent job-related experience.
2. Four years of experience implementing DEI programs.
3. Strong ability to advise, partner, influence, and effectively consult with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
4. Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex data into clear, impactful messages and presentations.
5. Excellent listening, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
6. Ability to think “big picture” and connect dots to translate big ideas into planning and execution.
7. Experience with training, change initiatives, and/or project management.
8. Demonstrated interest in DEI, talent management, advocacy efforts, or other related fields.
Broadlawns Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer