The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the day-to-day management of hospital construction projects, internal moves/remodels, and other physical improvements to the environment at Broadlawns Medical Center (BMC) owned and operated properties.
The PM will lead, influence and mentor teams (both internal and external) to execute the complete development process of hospital projects. The PM manages all matters related to management of design and construction (time, cost, risk and quality) to meet the project objectives. This includes coordination among all the design teams (both internal and external), engineers, project managers and construction managers. The PM will also closely coordinate with the management/operations to ensure the construction process aligns with other workstreams as medical equipment, IT, HR, regulatory affairs etc.
- Prepare and implement project execution plans and procedures based on Group standards.
- Coordinate and interact with other disciplines within the client organization in relation to all elements of a project, to ensure successful execution of the design and construction.
- Management of the development team including architects, QS, engineers, project managers, construction managers, medical equipment planners and others.
- Take an active role in the establishment, implementation and management of project Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Coordinate with Management/Operator to ensure construction timelines account for other workstreams such as IT, HR, medical equipment, and regulatory affairs.
- Oversee establishment of package specific briefs, contracts, and procedures.
- Manage the procurement process of Consultants and Contractors as per Group standards.
- Establish the requirements for project delivery and monitor the draft and final deliverables for adherence to set criteria.
- Monitor and report to senior management on the progress of all project activity, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost, schedule, quality or risk profile. Develop recommendations and action plans to resolve issues / risks affecting or likely to affect the successful execution of the project.
- Oversee the work of all site operations.
- Review the Consultant’s and contractor’s pay requests and issue payment certificates.
- Monitor project master schedule and work progress including milestones date. Take corrective action with the consultants and the contractor.
- Monitor the contractor’s progress and prepare monthly progress reports to senior management. Preside at weekly review, monthly and other progress meetings held at the site.
- Review and evaluate contractor’s variations and claims and make recommendations to senior management.
- Assist in reviewing contractor’s change order proposals. Prepare recommendations to senior management for change order approval, if warranted - all in conjunction with the designated Consultants. Assist in negotiations with contractors regarding changes in contract value or project duration.
- Review the start-up, testing, final commissioning activities, after review by consultant.
- Monitor final completion of the work. Participate in the final inspection of the work with the Operator, Consultant and Contractor. Recommend acceptance of the completed work to senior management after receiving the same from the Consultant.
- Review project’s final account and recommend to senior management.
- Issue provisional and final completion certificates
Generally Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or similar field.
- Five years of experience in construction / project management industry leading mid to large sized projects.
- Three years of project leadership, including directing client, consultant, and contractor teams.
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare related project management, construction industry principle and practices, safety, and quality management systems.
- Knowledge of design processes and systems.
- Knowledge of current construction technology.
- Ability to communicate in a practical and business manner at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple cross disciplinary tasks and establish priorities for the timely completion of construction project.
Broadlawns Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer