Broadlawns Medical Center is committed to the safety of our patients, visitors, and employees. Effective immediately, Broadlawns Medical Center is reinstating mask requirements within our waiting rooms for the Emergency Department, Urgent Care Clinics, Lab and Radiology Departments. The CDC has identified Polk County as having a HIGH rate of transmission for respiratory illness, and we must respond accordingly. Staff, patients and visitors must wear masks in these areas.
Visitor policy is subject to change, please check here for updates.
Med-Surg & ICU
- Each patient is allowed two visitors at a time. These can be different people each day. Visiting hours are 10 am to 7 pm.
- Each patient is allowed two adult visitors at a time. Siblings are welcome.
- One designated birthing coach/doula is allowed in the patient’s labor & delivery room during active labor to support the care of the mother in addition to two visitors.
Behavioral Health Units
- Visitation is by appointment only during designated times.
- Two visitors are allowed at one time for each patient.
- Can be present if procedure is before or after visiting hours..
Patient & Visitor Requirements
All patients and visitors are encouraged to:
- Be free of any signs of illness. Please stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Wear a mask within our waiting rooms for the Emergency Department, Urgent Care Clinics, Lab and Radiology Departments.