Student Opportunities at Broadlawns Medical Center
Broadlawns Medical Center provides quality clinical rotation, job shadowing and internship/preceptorship opportunities for health profession students at local community organizations, clinics and hospitals. We work with colleges, universities and health profession training programs from across the country.
Our goal is to provide real-life experiences for our students, introducing them to a variety of health, science and medical careers available here at Broadlawns Medical Center. In addition, students will receive excellent resources and education while building relationships and creating networking opportunities.
We officer clinical opportunities in the following areas:
Job shadowing provides students experiences to observe actual health care professionals. Such opportunities allow students to explore and “try on” various health care careers. If you are interested in identifying and securing your job shadow experience, please see our approval process and requirements:
- Complete the on-line Student Application
- Complete the on-line Student Orientation packet
- Complete and pass the Orientation Quiz. A passing score is 90% or higher
- Provide proof of MMR (this includes 2) and TB within the last four (4) years. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Dianna Peterson, 515.282.2288
- If you are under the age of 18 years, you must submit the signed Medical Release
You will be contacted within two weeks to schedule your job shadowing experience.
Clinical Internships/Preceptorships and Clinical Group Rotations
Our initiative in providing clinical internships/preceptorships and clinical group rotations is to recruit, train and retain a health professions workforce committed to further developing student skills while serving our patients.
Broadlawns Medical Center offers opportunities for internships/preceptorships in the following areas:
If you are interested in obtaining an internship/preceptorship or a clinical group rotation at Broadlawns Medical Center, please see our approval process and requirements:
- You must be enrolled in a college/university curriculum of study.
- Colleges/Universities must establish an affiliation agreement with Broadlawns Medical Center which will require students to have the following:
- record of immunizations
- TB test
- physical exam
- criminal background check
- proof of medical insurance
- instruction on universal precautions of blood and blood borne pathogens and body infections
- HIPAA training
- professional liability insurance with at least $1,000,000 per occurrence and $3,000,000 aggregate covering the student
- A Student Application must be completed at least 30 days prior to your start date.
- Once an internship/clinical rotation have been confirmed, applicants must complete the on-line Student Orientation packet, complete and pass the Orientation Quiz. A passing score is 90% or higher.
All student opportunities at Broadlawns Medical Center are coordinated through Kari Ford and Dianna Peterson.
For more information contact:
Kari Ford, BMC Academy 515.282.2278 email@example.com
Dianna Peterson, Nursing Administration 515.282.2483 firstname.lastname@example.org