Just had surgery at Broadlawns Medical Center? Review this list of post-surgery instructions.
Click “Clinics and Services” to look up your provider’s clinic phone number and hours of operation.
After hours questions or concerns? The BMC Emergency Room can be reached at (515) 282-2253.
Call the closest Emergency Room if you are experiencing any of the following post-operative issues:
- Fever greater than 101°F that does not decrease with Tylenol or Ibuprofen
- Severe pain that is not relieved by your prescribed or over the counter pain medications
- New onset shortness of breath or chest pain
- Inability to urinate
- Redness, pain, swelling, or excessive drainage from your incision/s
- Swelling or pain in one of your calf muscles (it will be red and warmer than the other leg)