At Broadlawns Medical Center our volunteers are priceless. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to help those who truly appreciate your time and talents, Broadlawns has a place for you!
At this time, volunteer opportunities include:
- Broadlawns Foundation Gift Shop
May perform any of the duties listed below:
- Interact with staff, visitors, and patients in helping them locate desired gift shop items.
- Operate computerized register system.
- Answer the phone.
- Take payment for purchases and make change when necessary.
- Assist in stocking supplies when needed.
- Assist in keeping the Gift Shop clean and tidy.
- Provide directions and give non-medical information when requested.
- Open the gift shop and run opening reports.
- Close the gift shop, run closing reports, and give sales receipts to Security at end of day.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Ability to volunteer for a weekly shift
- 6-month commitment (two non-consecutive semesters for students)
- Ability to communicate with people of all backgrounds
- Familiarity with principals of retailing
- Ability to count money and make change
Upon completion of the required application, volunteer applicants will also be asked to provide the following:
- In-person interview
- Successful completion of a criminal background check to include child and dependent adult abuse, which requires a social security number
- Government issued form of ID (driver’s license or passport)
- Review of the Volunteer Orientation Handbook
- Orientation Handbook Signature Page
- Documentation regarding the following vaccines: MMR or titer, COVID, Flu
- Health Review
- TB Review
If you have questions about volunteering, please email email@example.com or call (515) 282-8557.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting required application documents does NOT guarantee a volunteer position at Broadlawns Medical Center.