At Broadlawns Medical Center our volunteers are priceless. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to help those who truly appreciate your time and talents, Broadlawns has a place for you!
At this time, volunteer opportunities include:
- Broadlawns Foundation Gift Shop
A little bit about what you'll be doing:
- Interacting with staff, visitors, and patients and helping them locate desired gift shop items.
- Operating a computerized register system (easy to navigate; one-on-one training will be provided).
- Answering the phone.
- Taking payment for purchases and making change when necessary.
- Replacing merchandise from back stock as needed (no heavy lifting).
- Assisting in keeping the Gift Shop clean and tidy (nothing strenuous).
- Providing directions and giving non-medical information when requested.
What we're looking for:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Ability to volunteer for a weekly shift
- 6-month commitment (may be non-consecutive)
- Ability to communicate with people of all backgrounds
- Familiarity with principals of retailing is helpful
- Ability to count money and make change
- Annual appreciation luncheon
- 10% discount on gift shop purchases
- Free small fountain drink, coffee, or tea from the cafeteria
- 30% discount on cafeteria purchases
- Ability to park anywhere on main campus
- Free flu shot & COVID boosters (as supplies allow)
- Service hours
Upon completion of the required application, volunteer applicants will also be asked to provide the following:
- In-person interview
- Successful completion of a criminal background check to include child and dependent adult abuse, which requires a social security number
- Government issued form of ID (driver’s license or passport)
- Review of the Volunteer Orientation Handbook
- Orientation Handbook Signature Page
- Documentation regarding the following vaccines: MMR or titer, COVID, Flu
- Health Review
- TB Review
If you have questions about volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (515) 282-7775.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting required application documents does NOT guarantee a volunteer position at Broadlawns Medical Center.