Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine
Broadlawns Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine Clinic’s comprehensive approach to treatment is unique in that its providers are certified in three diverse disciplines: adult and pediatric sleep medicine, pulmonology, and allergies. We specialize in managing complex chronic health problems, along with their associated risks and related preventive care.
Adult Conditions Treated
- Pulmonary nodules / lung mass
- Lung cancer
- Mediastinal adenopathy
- Pleural effusions
- Unexplained shortness of breath
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
Pediatric Conditions Treated
- Chronic cough
- Recurrent pneumonia
- Exercise-induced asthma
- Allergic rhinitis (Hay Fever)
- Allergic and non-allergic asthma
- Food, drug, and environmental allergies
- IVIG therapy
- Bed wetting
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Daytime sleepiness
- Frequent awakenings
- Head banging
- Night terrors
- Periodic limb movement disorder
- Restless legs syndrome
- Sleep apnea
- Sleep talking
- Sleep walking
Do You Have a Sleep Disorder?
If you answer "yes" to any of the below questions, this may be an indicator that you have a sleep disorder:
- Have you been told by a friend or family member that you snore?
- Do you often feel tired or have headaches upon awakening?
- Have you been told you have pauses in your breathing during sleep?
- Do you fall asleep sitting, reading, watching TV or driving?
- Do you have issues with memory or concentration?
In many cases a sleep study can be conducted to determine what is causing your sleep problems. Sleep studies are conducted seven nights a week. Daytime sleep studies and home sleep studies are also available when necessary. A satellite clinic is located in Oskaloosa that is open two Fridays every month to serve local residents with sleep-related problems.
Michael McCubbin, MD
Jason Wittmer, MD
Sarah Hiemer, ARNP
Rebecca Purnell, PA-C