Outpatient Mental Health Services
Child and Adolescent Services
Our Child and Adolescent Psychiatry team provides a full spectrum of services from evaluation to counseling for children between the ages of 5 and 18. Our providers have experience treating a variety of mental health conditions such as ADHD, depression, anxiety, trauma and obsessive compulsive behaviors.
Medication Management Clinic
The Medication Management Clinic provides psychiatric evaluation and treatment for both adults and children. The team may offer pharmacological management, psychotherapy and social services based on the diagnosis and client needs.
Specialized Medication Clinics
The specialized medication clinics offer assessments and/or administration of specific psychiatric medications by a registered nurse under the direction of a psychiatrist.
The Clozapine Clinic provides ongoing monitoring of required laboratory testing.
The Injection Clinic provides clients with injectable neuroleptics at the direction of the treating physician. Referrals to the clinic must be made by a Broadlawns mental health provider.
These services offer child, adolescent, and adult individual, marital, and/or family therapy in an outpatient setting. Group therapies and specialized services are also available.
Mental Health Group Therapy
Broadlawns is proud to offer robust group therapy program. Programs include:
- Anger Management Training Program — If you feel that your anger is out of control, if it is having an impact on your relationships and on important parts of you life, this training program can help you learn how to handle it better.
- Art Therapy — The creative process involved in expressing one’s self artistically can help to resolve issues as well as develop and manage behaviors and feelings, reduce stress, and improve self-esteem and awareness.
- Behavioral Health Group Therapy Program — This is a comprehensive group therapy program intended to address illness management and recovery topics. Participants will learn to utilize cognitive, behavioral and dialectical behavioral therapy concepts.
- Clinical Sleep Training Program for Insomnia — Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) has been found to be an effective alternative treatment for insomnia. CBT involves guidance from a licensed therapist to help change or alter attitudes, beliefs and behaviors that may be contributing to a negative sleep experience.
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Prep Group — This is an educational and skills focused group to educate you about trauma and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, and how EMDR might be a helpful form of treatment for you.
- Post-Hospital Discharge Group — This group focuses on maintaining wellness following hospitalization. This group is facilitated by a therapist and a member of the nursing staff.
- Systems Training for Emotional Predictability and Problem Solving (STEPPS) — STEPPS is an effective treatment for people with borderline personality disorder and emotional intensity issues. This evidence-based educational and skills program teaches individuals about the behaviors and feelings that describe their disorder as well as skills to change behaviors and manage feelings.
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga — Trauma Sensitive Yoga is a scientifically proven treatment for PTSD and complex trauma.
- Wise Mind Group — Wise Mind focuses on the introduction to dialectical behavioral therapy skills including mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness.
Kathleen Adams, ARNP
Barbara Arends, MSW
Laurie Clair, MSPA-C
Michelle Davids, DO
Teresa Dolphin-Shaw, DO
Johanna Grenko, LMSW
Anna K. Hurst, LMSW
Neeraja Kakade, MD
Kelly Kinney, LISW
Amy Kluver, LISW, CADC
Melissa Larsen, ARNP
Rao Makkapati, MD
Gloria Miller, ARNP
Elizabeth Moreno, LMSW
Kirk Mueller, PhD
Timothy Olson, MD
Dawn O'Regan, LISW
Ashley Parker, LMSW
Julie Rice, tLMHC
Manmohan Singh, MD
Kelsey Taylor, LISW
Charles Wadle, DO
Kelly Weiss-Kreps, DO
Susan Wilson, ARNP, MSN
Christine Young, LISW, PMH-C